Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Storybook Favorites

How I Met Your Mother

I always really liked this concept of basing stories off of this television show. It makes it sound really fun. I really enjoyed the simplicity of the layout. The stories were not very long but they were long enough to be enjoyable. Also, the way she included pictures that were relevant to Mahabharata, as well as How I Met Your Mother, really made the interwinding of the two come together. A great idea would maybe be to do the TV show "Friends."

Friends (Source)

Goodnight, Naga

Last semester I wrote a goodnight story and I really enjoyed being able to do that. With goodnight stories you are able to be as creative as you would like. You can turn a story about a genie into a cowboys and Indians tale. It really allows you to open up and come up with some really creative thoughts that complement your readings, yet turn it into something all your own. Since I grew up watching westerns with my father, a John Wayne approach might be easier and more authentic for me to use instead of "Goodnight Moon," which was used here.

Zoo Animal History

Focusing on the animals in the stories is always a lot of fun. Bringing the animals to life is even better. Each animal has a history and is often a focal point for the stories. Playing off of that could be exciting and interesting.


No comments:

Post a Comment