Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Week 1 Overview

The Indian section of the UnTextbook gave me quiet a lot of ideas. I really like the idea of doing a series of bedtime stories. I am able to follow a certain structure while altering the majority of the story. I also like the idea of doing a letter, or memoir. I am not all that familiar with Indian subjects except for the fact that I read Indian Fairytales last semester. I really enjoyed that and the story I read. I thought that maybe I could do a variation off of that, like a compilation of peoples stories. I very much enjoyed rewriting a story from one of the characters perspectives. So here I am, stuck wanting to write a memoir or a bedtime story. 

The Mahabharata sounds as though it would be interesting. Although it might be a little bit more confusing. The difficult part of the Mahabharata is that I am not familiar with many of the Indian terms that are used in the book. I think that this book would be best to used for bedtime stories.

I have to say that I am very interested in how much I am going to learn about the Indian culture. There are a lot of cultural, spiritual, and cosmic elements to this and I am curious to see how it will translate into the stories as we go throughout the semester. 

The Magic Fiddle (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment