Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 10 Famous Last Words

This week was certainly a crazy week and an even crazier weekend. Not only did I have a lot of assignments I had to do this week, but also then there was that tornado. I actually ended up staying over at my friend’s house because I did not feel safe at my apartment complex. I feel as though there should be a policy that all apartment complexes should have to include instructions on what to do and locations to go incase of a tornado.

This weekend I actually had to fly to New Orleans, Louisiana because my cousin Sarah was getting married!!! I always love weddings, especially ones in the family, because they bring everyone together to celebrate something that brings all of us joy. Since hurricane Katrina, my family has not been able to get together with each other as often as we used to, and it is even more difficult for me. Every year my mom’s first cousin, Robby, throws a huge crawfish boil at his house for the entire family. Unfortunately for me the date of the crawfish boil always falls on the weekend before final exams, so of course there is not way I am going to be able to fly all the way to New Orleans and then all the way back to Norman just to spend one day with them family and then take all of my exams and make good grades.


Anyway, the wedding was amazing! She had her wedding outside at this huge plantation, which had actually been a real working plantation at one point in time. The alter was located underneath this gigantic tree that was covered in Spanish Moss and it was just beautiful. I was not too hot, but it was not too cold either, and the ceremony was around 6 so it was just beautiful. It was a perfect wedding and was just beautiful. The picture below is actually a picture of me and my cousin Aaron at the wedding. You can see a tree with Spanish Moss on it behind us.

Me and my cousin Aaron at Wedding (personal picture)

2 comments:

  1. That tornado was not a fun time!! I never thought of what to do during one if I were at an apartment!!! SCARY. Surely there is some sort of plan or something right?! New Orleans is definitely on my bucket list! Any suggestions on places to visit? Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding, I bet it was exciting to get to see family. The Spanish moss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tornado was not a fun time!! I never thought of what to do during one if I were at an apartment!!! SCARY. Surely there is some sort of plan or something right?! New Orleans is definitely on my bucket list! Any suggestions on places to visit? Sounds like you had a great time at the wedding, I bet it was exciting to get to see family. The Spanish moss is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete