Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Writing Review Post

So far I have learned that making mistakes a normal part of the writing process. I tend to make more grammatical mistakes than spelling. I very much enjoy the storytellings. Having to be that creative is so much fun.

I have also learned that making the stories short is the best way to keep up good flow. When the stories become too long, they can become repetitive.

The way I have learned to come up with storytelling ideas is to think about different ideas while you read. You can form a connection with certain stories, and from that your creativity will spark. Generally while I read a story, I try to see how easily I would be able to make it into something else - whether that be a diary, a memoir, turning the characters into animals, first person perspective.

I find the reading diaries to be the most challenging. Silly, I know, but I just feels like more I have to write before I can get to my story. However, it is very beneficial the majority of the time.

Writing Station (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment