Thursday, March 12, 2015

Week 9 Famous Last Words

This week has been an interesting one, that’s for sure. Emotions have been high, stress was at an all time max, and everyone has just been counting down the days until they get an entire week off of school for spring break! Between the racism scandal and midterms, this has not been the best week here at the University of Oklahoma.

It is almost funny how one horribly racist video can, in an instant, tear people apart and bring people together. No one was denying that it was bad, because it was absolutely atrocious, but it did cause some controversy all over the country. I do not want to dwell on the issue, especially since I have already done a lot of writing about it in my free time, but I do want to say that it is sad that it happened and my heart breaks knowing that I living in a country where racism is still and issue.

Now, on to more happy topics! This week I finished watching Criminal Minds. I am still so sad that it is over! I really think that should be my job. How awesome would it be to study serial killers and psychopaths all day? If you are like me and you have a dark and twisted side of you, I highly recommend you watch this show! It is amazing! And the main characters are incredible. It is almost impossible not to fall in love with them.


Since I finished my show, I of course had to find a new one to replace it! How else am I supposed to wake up in the morning? The sound of silence is not getting anyone up out of bed at seven in the morning! I decided that my new show would be House of Cards. I had already seen the first season and the first episode of the second, so now I just have to go on from there.

Ellison Hall (Source)

2 comments:

  1. Hello Jess, this week has been a crazy one for sure. I couldn't believe when that video surfaced it would be so much attention. I remember when I first saw it on Youtube, it only had 300 views and now it has over 3 million. What an awful thing. On a lighter subject, I have never got into Criminal Minds. Is that a good show? I think that is the one with L L Cool J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jess. I definitely agree with you that last week was crazy at school. Between OU making national news headlines and midterms it was pretty hectic! I will have to take your advice and watch Criminal Minds! I am always looking for a new show to start because I finish shows faster than I should admit. And House of Cards is on my list of shows I have to watch too! I have heard it is really good and there is a lot of drama!

    ReplyDelete