Sunday, April 12, 2015

Week 12 Famous Last Words

For this week I feel pretty damn ambivalent. It is almost as if I am a world wind, or tornado, of emotions. Basically it went from happy, to being angry with my capstone professor and class, to happy again when my mom came to visit, to tragically sad. Definitely not one of my better weeks. Last night my boyfriend and I decided to break up because he is relocating across the country after graduation in May. Needless to say I have been a complete and total wreck for the better part of a day. Luckily for me, I have enough schoolwork and organization events this week that I will be plenty busy and have enough distractions to keep my mind occupied. That’s a positive, right?


Anyway, it was good having my mom in town this week. Since I am on Campus Activities Council Sooner Scandals Exec again this year I don’t really get to have a Mom’s Weekend because I am too busy with my involvement with that, so my mom and I celebrate Mom’s Weekend the week before! It kind of makes it more special this way because things are a little less crazy and it is almost as if there is more stuff to do. Since she arrived in the evening on Thursday, we decided we would just hang out for the evening and rest. Friday was awesome! We drove up to Oklahoma City and went and saw the Murrah Federal Building Museum and Memorial (aka, the Oklahoma City bombing.) It was truly breath taking. The rest of the day went really well. We saw an old car parade, went to go have an early dinner and drinks at a rooftop bar, and then we went to the NCAA Men’s Gymnastic national championship where we got to see OU take first!!! It was crazy! It was pretty much a rollercoaster of a weekend to say the least.



Murrah Federal Building Memorial (Source)

No comments:

Post a Comment