Sunday, February 1, 2015

Google Timer Tech Tip

I actually have never used the Google timer, but I probably should start using it. This is actually really funny because this time last year I was super on task. I pretty much was the queen at time management and getting my work done. This year it seems as though I just have no motivation to do anything. Needless to day it has become difficult.

Here are my tips for me and anyone else who wants them.

1. Work in places where you are not distracted.
I used to work at my desk, but now I am distracted when working in my room. The living room, kitchen, library, and other places on campus are much better.

2. Find different places to work in.
Sometimes you have to change things up from semester to semester. A place that you studied really well in one semester is not necessarily the best place for you to sit down and focus the next semester.

3. Put the technology away.
This is where the timer and airplane mode come in handy. If you just set 30 minutes or an hour aside for your school work and then after that time is up you can look at your phone, you will get so much more done that you thought. It's about pushing through the temptation and getting it done.

4. Be Positive.
You know that you can do it. Even if it seems impossible, you know you can push through and get it done. If it is difficult, take a break and come back to it or ask for help. It is ok to admit sometime is challenging as long as you know that ultimately you can get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment