Thursday, February 5, 2015

Week 4 Famous Last Words

This week I decided to use my new study habits, and it worked. Instead of procrastinating, I have actually been getting my work done and on time too. Getting things done before hand is awesome! I love being able to say that I am ahead in my classes. It gives me free time to do things like look for a job for after graduation. 

Looking for a job for after graduation is a new kind of torture if you are not pre-med, an engineer, or have not been interning a lot. Many of the jobs you are over qualified for and the other jobs you need to have had at least 2 years of experience. Oh, and did I mention that these are “Entry Level” positions? Exactly! Then you apply for a bunch of jobs because you might as well look at several different options. Well, the majority of those do not want to hire you, about 3 will want you, and the rest will tell you to call them after you graduate, because you are not already freaking out enough about finding a job. My favorite is when you send them your resume, with your graduation date mind you, and they call you and want to set up and interview for the next day, well of course you can’t because you have class and that person on the other end of the phone has the nerve to act shocked. It’s enough to kill a person sometimes.

So there you are standing on the edge of a cliff about to graduate, and you have some person telling you, “Oh… Well, why don’t you call us back in May after you graduate and we can set up an interview.” Now you just want to jump off that cliff, which is taunting you at that point.  As you can tell, I am just a little frustrated about the whole situation. And this is why people go to the gym…


So here’s to all of those college students getting ready to graduate, standing on the edge of a cliff just trying to find a bridge to the other side. Good luck! May the odds ever be in your favor!

Tequila Shots (Source

No comments:

Post a Comment