Thursday, February 26, 2015

Week 7 Essay

I absolutely love the Untextbook. It is so helpful because it allows you to read things on your own time and breaks the readings up in a way that keeps your focus. It is also incredibly flexible. There are so many things to keep up with and read as a college student, and the untextbook allows you to stop in the middle of something you are reading and pick right back up. Last week I was reading and I was trying to read as much as I could before a meeting, and I was able to just close my laptop quickly and pick right back up. It is also easier for note taking. What I hate the most is when I have to balance holding a book open while I try to write something and read at the same time. The book never stays open well and always flops over. I computer stays open perfectly for you!

I definitely think length is an important criterion when deciding what to read. Obviously I am not going to pick a longer unit to read when I have three tests that week, so I am able to pick something a little simpler to fit my time. The audio option is another favorite of mine. Everyone likes listening to people telling stories and sometimes it can be really helpful. I used the audio with one of the stories because I became a little bit confused with the wording. It really helped to clarify things for me. Sometimes, especially after a long day or late at night, it is nice just to follow along while you are listening to the story.


I actually looked at the Ramayana in the Untextbook to compare it to the book, and I definitely liked it better. Personally, I like the way that the untextbook breaks up stories. You can see that there are twenty-something sections that are roughly the same length rather than holding a giant chunk in your hand. It gives you a smoother goal to accomplish.

Indian Market (Source

No comments:

Post a Comment